My Mom and Dad and my brothers Chris and Conor came to Rome for Easter break and it was soooo great to see them. I had my own vacation in Rome, going to see some things I haven't been to before, and I was also able to show my family around to some of my favorite places. The best part was all of the restaurants we ate at (the perks of having the family here haha). I was able to break away from my cereal for dinner and panini diet for a little bit. We got a tour of St. Peter's by Brother Michael McAward, who used to teach at my brother's high school back home and is now working at the Vatican. We also visited the Vatican Museums, seeing the Sistine Chapel and the Raphael rooms. Amazing! We got to see Castel Sant'Angelo and the Colosseum all lit up at night which was very beautiful. On another day we went into the Colosseum, saw the Arch of Constantine, walked around the Palatine Hill and the Roman Forum, went to the top of the Victor Emmanuel Monument, and went to the Campidoglio. We attended Easter Mass in St. Peter's Square with Pope Benedict XVI. I have never seen so many people gathered into one spot. My Uncle Jim and Roger arrived on Easter Monday. Unfortunately I am here for school, so I couldn't join the family for their tours and sightseeing ventures during the week, but I got to eat with them each night (always a treat). My Mom, Dad, and brothers left on Friday, so I took my Uncle Jim and Roger to all of my favorite churches in Rome, including St. Ignazio di Loyola, Il Gesu, San Carlo alle Quattro Fontane, and Santa Maria Maggiore before they left on Saturday morning. Overall it was a wonderful Easter break and it was great to see my family and immerse them in my home away from home for the past three and a half months.
Sistine Chapel
~
Castel Sant'Angelo
~
Colosseum and Arch of Constantine
~
Dad and I in the Colosseum
~

Palatine Hill